Registration and tech check from 9-10 am. Racer Meeting is at 10 am, Race beings at 10:30. The kids will run first, then juniors, then the 10 lap Vintage Open, followed by the 100 lap race.
ONE LUNGER 100 RULES FOR FEBRUARY 3, 2018
- All sleds will have a tech inspection the morning of the race
- Grand prix style track approx 1/2 mile per lap
- Le mans start for the 100 lap race only, with an option to start a half lap behind instead of the Le mans start
- Transponders will be used to count laps in the 100 lap race and will be provided on race day. There is a $10 transponder rental fee, and racers must leave a driver’s license in order to check out a transponder.
- Racers must be a member of Pinedale Snow Explorers/ Altitude Off-Road. Annual Memberships are $25 for single, $40 for families, and $100 for businesses. Daily memberships are $10 per racer.
- Single and twin classes run the 100 lap race concurrently
- The race ends and the field freezes when the first sled from each class finishes 100 laps.
- All racers are required to wear proper safety equipment (helmet, eye protection; Chest protectors strongly recomended)
- Tethers required in all classes
- Entry fee is $50 per team, plus a $10 transponder rental fee
SINGLE CYLINDER CLASS (100 LAP RACE):
- 1977 or older on VIN
- Racers 2 person teams 15 yrs or older only (Under 18 must have parent or guardian signature)
- Engine must match chassis
- Seat, ski, and track changes okay – OEM hard to find
- No jackshaft
- No modern skid-frames (suspensions)
- No factory race sleds
- NO Free Air sleds
- Hoods must stay on sleds
- One sled per team
- Transponder’s mandatory
TWIN CYLINDER CLASS (100 LAP RACE):
- All rules the same except:
- 500 cc limit
- No twin pipes
- 2 carbs okay
- MUST have sled number start with a 2
VINTAGE OPEN CLASS (10 LAP RACE):
- Single AND Twin cylinder division applies with exception:
- 1980 or older on VIN
- No modern suspension – need to match vintage
- Leaf spring only
- No liquids
NEW IN 2017: JUNIORS CLASS (3 LAP RACE):
- Racers must be 9-14 years old with Parent or Legal Guardian SIGN wavier and fill out race form.
- 1980 and older stock single cylinder up to 340 cc fan with HR or p to 32 mm carb -OR – 1980 and older stock twin cylinder up to 300 cc fan single carb
- No tuned pipes
- Leaf spring sleds only
KID’S MINI SLED RACE CLASS (1 LAP RACE):
- Racers must be 8 and under with Parent or Legal Guardian SIGN wavier and fill out race form.
- Must be a small kid’s sled; ie: kitty cat or modern 120cc
TEAMS MUST BE ABLE TO PROVE VINTAGE OF SLED AND TEAM LEGALITY.
Legality of any sled or team will be determined by a tech check on race day by race officials.
If you have questions, please contact tech officials before registering.
Call: Mike Carrillo at 307-360-7954 or
Josh Adams at 307-360-7783 or
Patrick Ingram 307-231-6161
All race participants are REQUIRED to wear proper safety equipment